Sunday, April 9, 2017

Shakey's Atlantis

The gaydar (a gay man’s built-in detector of other gay men) is a powerful tool which should be used judiciously for a lot of reasons, e.g., to prevent hurting those in the closet, etc.

Shakey’s Pizza is undoubtedly my favorite pizza.  If I were to create an Excel sheet or a graph in terms of frequency of visit compared to any other pizzeria, Shakey’s would win, hands down.

In my last visit to Shakey’s (yesterday), I noticed that there were more waiters and busboys than usual (too many, I think, for the capacity of the branch – trainees perhaps).  At least half of them (both butch and femme a.k.a. masculine and feminine) registered in my gaydar.

We, gay men, affectionately call our siblings mermaids (among other terms of endearment).  It occurred to me that at that point I was at Shakey’s and Mermaid’s Pizza and not just Shakey’s Pizza.

I also imagined mermaids hidden in rocks above water level, so the name Shakey’s by the Sea also occurred to me.

But because Shakey’s has always been big to me, at least in taste, I also pictured an expansive underwater restaurant called Shakey’s Atlantis to serve great-tasting pizzas to the metropolitan water world.

No comments:

Post a Comment