Monday, November 14, 2016

Animal Species

We all have loved, romantic or otherwise, an animal at some point in our lives.  We just didn’t know it at the time that that was an animal.

Some of them walk upright; some on all fours.  Some are cursorial; some fossorial.  Some even dare to fly.  And, some possess flightless appendages likened to birds and, if large enough, to pythons; spitting appendages that sire prodigious savages, hopeless romantics and forlorn heroes.

A lot of people have told me, time and again, that I should have been a veterinarian instead of a physician.  I always tell them, “I occasionally encounter patients who act like animals that it feels like I’m a vet.”

We all have loved an animal at some point in our lives, and an animal comes in different forms and persuasions.

2011 CE