Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Tooth Fairy



10 December 2005

RE: LGBT FREEDOM MARCH – CELEBRATING PRIDE AND RIGHTS

Dear Friends,

Out of the sewage of my mind, I remember a tall, dark and handsome man who at one time risked life and limb to be with me. His existence traipsed the realities of non-fiction and fantasy. I am writing tonight not because of him, but because of a man who invoked his memory.

Tooth is short, dark and attractive enough (or fraction thereof) to entice me. When he smiles, his two front teeth show an obvious space between them, hence the moniker. I first saw him in last year’s LGBT Pride March in Timog as one of the marshals. I failed to talk to him because I couldn’t find him during the post-march program.

This afternoon, my heart skipped a beat. Tooth reprised his marshal duties and had his hair highlighted blond. He was barely visible again during the post-march festivities.  It was already dark when I saw him again. He gave a rose to a sister (a transgender) who was with another sibling (a femme gay man). It appeared as though he was asked to buy the flower. At any rate, that act of kindness dashed my desire to pursue him without dousing my desire for him.

Let’s call my trans sister Blossom. She looks pleasing and around half my age. As everyone prepared to leave, I saw Tooth talking to Blossom. I smile thinking of Tooth and Blossom having an affair, romantic or otherwise.

It was a rainy night at Plaza Miranda (in front of Saint John the Baptist Parish a.k.a. Quiapo Church).  Tooth stayed out of the protective confines of the tent, while Blossom remained dry.  Tooth soaking wet in the rain with Blossom dry under the tent as they talked is a searing Kodak moment.

I did not even bother to approach Tooth. I thought it might hurt my young Blossom’s emotions.

Nobody has the right to stop me. Blossom is a stranger so why should I care? She is a sister and a young one at that.

Age has its purpose and, for some reason, its morbid conviction.

Proud and feeling righteous,

Robert Baytan
The Tooth Fairy

===

The letter was sent to dear friends and fellow LGBT advocates/activists via e-mail on noted date.  Just reminiscing.

I disabled the comments feature of this blog because I prefer e-mail correspondence.  Comments are welcome.  Please send to sinta@homosexual.net.