Friday, October 4, 2019

Lotion and Hubris

Adult content.  Please enjoy, and please be guided accordingly.

My mother is inured to my ribaldry.

She wanted to give me a bottle of lotion for my hands.  I told her I don’t use lotion, not even when I wank.  She just chuckled in response.

Sometimes, when I go home to Marilao, she would ask me, “Do you have a booking?”  And I would reply, “Depends if I meet someone who’s game.”

When I come back, she would ask, “Did you have a booking?”  And I would tell her, “Yes, I did.  He’s handsome and sexy but with a small dick (or something to that effect).”

Sometimes, while watching TV she would suddenly call and tell me, “There’s a handsome guy on TV.”  And I would tell her, “He has a great body too but without a bulge, probably has a small dick.”  And she would chuckle as usual.

My mother wasn’t that open-minded decades ago.  Decades.  Decades slowly peeled away her homophobia.  And when you’re a parent with a child like me, you don’t just deal with your homophobia, you will feel like a therapist trying to treat a queen brimming with blue-blooded hubris.